If ergonomic principles are applied in the workplace, people will be more productive. That’s basically the entire reason for the use of ergonomic furniture.
Today’s generation spends plenty of time sitting in front of a computer, especially office workers and gaming enthusiasts. These people invest in buying the most responsive mouse and keyboards or the widest LCD monitors, but few of them know the true value of having a comfortable and proper seating posture. The unhealthy habits caused by seating for prolonged periods usually leads to pain and discomfort, especially in the back and neck areas which in turn diminishes productivity. If you care about your body posture, choosing an ergonomic chair is of utmost importance – choosing one is as important as choosing any high-quality LCD monitor or keyboard.
Gaming Chairs: Harbinger of Comfort
Comfort plays an essential part to productivity in work or play. Initially derived from racing car seats (which are designed to keep a driver comfortable in place for long driving hours), the gaming chairs are designed to keep you comfortable for prolonged periods of time. Of course, you should take a 15-minute break every 1 hour of computer-ing, but the right posture will keep your back and neck areas healthy day in and out.
What makes a computer gaming chair ergonomic? Here are some bullet points that may interest you:
- The better-quality chairs have several available models that are tailored to different height and weight specifications. For example, DXRacers have about 6 series, all of which caters to different heights and weights.
- Good gaming seats are designed with the human body in mind. Because each body is different, most computer gaming chairs are made with adjustable parts – armrests and backrests are just some of the adjustable parts of a nice chair.
- Nice, quality padding. Low-quality gaming chairs have seat padding that shrink after several hours of pressure. Good chairs do not and they also allow air circulation so your butt won’t feel like an oven after 2 hours.
Choosing A Chair
According to http://mycomputergamingchair.com, it is important to know what features and factors must be weighed in before choosing a computer gaming chair. According to the website I mentioned above there are 4 criteria that must be satisfied:
- Ergonomic – The chair should be able to adjust to your body specification and preferences. You shouldn’t adjust to it.
- Adjustability – The chair should have adjustable parts to cater to your preferences. Armrests, height, and back tilt are some of the more important parts that need to be adjustable.
- Price – The chair should be worthy of it’s price tag. It’s not all about finding a cheap chair and saying you got a bargain – it’s about getting your money’s worth.
- Style – It’s not a gaming chair if it’s not stylish. Don’t buy a lame one!
These 4 criteria are essentially what they use to review chairs.
Start Choosing Now!
This guide and the info presented are just the tip of the iceberg. A really big iceberg.
If you want a more in-depth guide, you can also check out this article from My Computer Gaming Chair for their pc gaming chair buyer’s guide.